The Genealogist's Internet
Publisher: The National Archives
Third, expanded edition
Paperback, 368 pages
Published: September 2005
This is a comprehensive introduction and guide to researching British family history on the Internet.
The internet is proving an invaluable resource for anyone researching a family tree, but the sheer volume of information can make starting your search confusing and time-consuming. This much-expanded third edition of the best-selling The Genealogistís Internet contains everything you need to know about family history on the Web. It describes:
- on-line records and web sites of national and local archives in the UK
- on-line historical and geographical resources of interest to family historians
- services provided by genealogical organisations via the internet
- how to use mailing lists and newsgroups to find advice and others who share your interests
- how to locate genealogical information on-line
- how to publish your own family history on the Web
This third edition contains a wealth of new material, including recent developments in on-line services in key areas such as censuses, wills, births, marriages and deaths records; historical maps; immigrant communities; and standards for on-line purchasing. The Genealogistís Internet is the essential comprehensive guide to the internetís resources for all family historians with roots in the UK.