- First Steps
- Online Starting Points
- Using Online Sources
- Civil Registration
- Church Records
- Property, Taxation & Crime
- The Armed Forces
- Migration & Colonies
- Print Sources
- Archives & Libraries
- Surname, Pedigrees & Families
- Discussion Forums
- Search Engines
- Publishing Your Family History Online
- The World of Family History
- Issues for on-line genealogists
Page nos in square brackets
Links open in a new window
These pages provide links to all the web sites mentioned in the text of The Genealogists' Internet to save you having to copy them from the book. Note that they are given in the strict order of their occurrence in the text, and page numbers are indicated in square brackets.
All the Web addresses given in the book were correct at the start of February 2009, and any I know to have moved since are marked . Unfortunately, some sites or pages simply disappear, and these are marked .
All 1530 odd links on these pages were last checked and updated in March 2012. 275 sites or pages had moved, and 118 disappeared since the text of the book was finalised. Note particularly:
- Major reorganizations of the sites of
- The Royal Navy
- The Irish Goverment
- The Family Records site closed in September 2009, though the last live version is available in the Government Web Archive
- Much of the material previously on the General Register Office site has been moved elsewhere.
- The National Archives has reorganized all its research guidance leaflets (twice in fact)
- All pages on Cyndi's List have moved, though the old addresses all redirect to their new equivalent.
- All user sites previously hosted on Geocities have moved or disappeared.
Please note that with the publication of the 5th Edition of The Genealogist's Internet in May 2012, the links for the 4th Edition will no longer be updated.
This page was last revised by Peter Christian, June 04 2012.
Please report any errors or problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All material on these pages © 2009 Peter Christian.