The Genealogist's Internet
Paperback, 448 pages
Published: May 2012
This is a comprehensive introduction and guide to researching British family history on the Internet.
The internet is an invaluable resource for anyone researching a family tree, but the sheer volume of information can make starting your search confusing and time-consuming. This fourth edition of the best-selling The Genealogist's Internet contains everything you need to know about family history on the Web. It describes:
- to make the most of online genealogical records, both free and commercial
- join discussion groups and mailing lists devoted to genealogy
- find people who share your surname or ancestors
- search effectively for useful websites and information relevant to your family tree
- publish your family history on the web
This expanded, up-to-the-minute edition offers an authoritative survey of recent online developments. With fully updated web addresses and information on many new sites and resources, The Genealogist's Internet covers:
- major new sites and facilities such as the British Newspaper Archive, the relaunched FamilySearch, and The National Archives' Discovery service
- the latest records added to the commercial data services (and those in the pipeline)
- the increasing range of free records for Ireland
- expanded coverage of social networking, court records, and digitized books
This page was last revised by Peter Christian, June 05 2012.
Please report any errors or problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All material on these pages © 2012 Peter Christian.