- First Steps
- Online Starting Points
- Using Online Sources
- Civil Registration
- Church Records
- Property, Taxation & the Law
- The Armed Forces
- Migration & Colonies
- Print Sources
- Archives & Libraries
- Surnames, Pedigrees & Families
- Discussion Forums
- Search Engines
- Publishing Your Family History Online
- The World of Family History
- Issues for on-line genealogists
Page nos in square brackets
Links open in a new window
These pages provide links to all the web sites mentioned in the text of The Genealogists' Internet to save you having to copy them from the book. Note that they are given in the strict order of their occurrence in the text, and page numbers are indicated in square brackets.
All the web addresses given in the book were correct at the end of March 2012, and any I know to have moved since are marked . Unfortunately, some sites or pages simply disappear, and these are marked , or, if the old site is still available in a web archive, (though be prepared for out-of-date information and links in the archived versions).
All 1800-odd links on these pages were last checked and updated in December 2016. By that date 225 sites or pages had moved, and 130 had disappeared, of which 65 are preserved in web archives.
Significant changes include:
- the new UK Government site GOV.UK, replacing Directgov
- the reorganiztion of the UK National Archives site
- the move of the Irish Government site
- the removal of all the pages from the old FamilySearch site
- the closure of GenDocs (all links are now to archived pages)
- the complete redesign and re-organization of the Society of Genealogists' site.
Web site owners: please DO NOT ask me to make a link to your site from these pages: these links are strictly those in the published book. On the other hand, if you think your site merits inclusion in a future edition, use the email adress below to get in touch.
This page was last revised by Peter Christian, December 09 2016.
Please report any errors or problems to email@example.com.
All material on these pages © 2012 Peter Christian.